Seven Generations Ahead works with district and school leaders to design zero waste strategic plans and support implementation in more than 50 schools serving 25,000 children. Through grants and fee-for-service agreements, SGA provides the following resources and support:
- Baseline waste assessments
- District and school cost savings related to waste reduction strategies
- Zero waste strategic planning and implementation
- Product research and procurement
- Funding development and proposal writing
- Multiple school cluster meeting facilitation
- Staff and student educational programming
- Communications and community relations
- Zero waste school video, curriculum, and guide
Zero Waste Ambassadors
Our Zero Waste Ambassadors program enlists students across the Chicago metro area to divert up to 97 percent of their schools' lunch waste from landfills.
Our Zero Waste Curriculum is Comprehensive!
SGA trains teachers on our Don't Throw Me Away classroom curriculum in Chicago Public Schools and throughout northern Illinois. It is also available to other schools. It includes everything you and your students need to understand the immediate AND the far-reaching effects of waste. Fully aligned with Common Core standards, this is the only resource you'll need!
Check out this sneak peak...
Don't Throw Me Away:
A Zero Waste Curriculum
Grades K-5 activities, but an excellent resource for upper grades
Common Core aligned K-5
Next Generation Science Standards aligned K-5
$10.00 for an electronic copy - no waste!
Order "Don't Throw Me Away: A Zero Waste Curriculum"
Teachers, want to share ideas with other educators who are teaching zero waste? Join our Google group!