Our Zero Waste Schools Program works with school staff and students to shift operations and minds towards generating zero waste through source reduction, recycling, composting, and food recovery.
Seven Generations Ahead:
- Helps schools plan effective waste reduction strategies
- Provides on-the-ground support for operational changes
- Educates students and staff about the How and Why of going zero waste
- Connects schools with local partners and opportunities
- Drives policy changes and infrastructure development that promote zero waste.
Zero waste is a path more than it is a result, and SGA’s role lies in meeting schools where they are in the process and supporting the changes needed until zero waste is the new normal for our schools and our next generation of environmental leaders.
Sign up for the monthly Zero Waste Schools newsletter here
View and download past Zero Waste Schools newsletters here.
Video: The Zero Waste Ambassadors of Holmes Elementary School, Oak Park District 97
Our Zero Waste Curriculum
Check out this sneak peak...
Don't Throw Me Away:
A Zero Waste Curriculum
Grades K-5 activities, but an excellent resource for upper grades
Common Core aligned K-5
Next Generation Science Standards aligned K-5
Click HERE to order your FREE electronic copy - no waste!